Copyright

All original content © 2011-2014. Photos and Text, unless otherwise stated, are by the author of Pork Bier Belly. If you want to use images or writing, please ask for permission prior to using.

Wednesday, February 5

Fur Coats

There is an unusual obsession with fur coats in this town (or who knows, even the country). Often it's older German women however as of yesterday I saw a man bundled up in his fur coat.  (I was too far away to snap a photo of him.)  I suspect these coats are real, very expensive and the cold winters these individuals have experienced warrants a fur coat purchase. This isn't a PETA post because I eat meat and was anti leather believe to each their own.  But the fur coats, I find very fascinating.  In my opinion, it takes a certain kind of person to wear a fur coat in public.



I've started photographing. Yes, I am that unsuspecting photographer that snaps one from behind because I don't want to get beat up by the German ladies. Any thoughts on why these Germans love wearing fur?  

No comments:

Post a Comment